Gays for Patsy is the place for LGBTS (queer) folks to get together to socialize, two-step, line dance, east and west coast swing, waltz, and more to contemporary country, pop, and R&B in a supportive environment.
Holiday Queer Country Social Dance
Saturday, December 20, 2014 • 6:30–11 pm
First Church of Jamaica Plain
6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
(side entrance of church across from The Footlight Club).
With the holiday stress in high gear (can you believe they had a count down to Black Friday?) Why not work off some stress on the dance floor?
Come two step, west (and east) coast swing, waltz, line dance, cha-cha, and more to contemporary country, r&b, and pop music. All for a low cover of $12 (includes the lessons).
Don’t know how to dance?
Don’t you fret none, we’ll learn ya. We got a basic two step at the beginning of the night and a whole bunch of folks that will help you. We are also going to be teaching basic cha-cha, waltz, and west-coast during the year, so keep an eye peeled (okay, if you think about that’s not a great metaphor). We all began with two left feet. Take a chance, have fun, and I think you’ll be hooked (I certainly was).
Social dancing starts at 8 pm and goes until 11 pm with our DJ Ruth.
FYI, This is a nonalcoholic venue (’cause it’s a church, y’all).
No partner necessary! Just come on by and there willl be lots of partners to swing (or be swung) by.
Queer Social Dance in a nut shell:
- Lessons: 6:30-7 pm
- 6:30-7 pm: Basic Two Step
- 7-7:30 pm: Beyond the Basics (with Julie!)
- 7:30-8 pm: Line dance (with Julie!)
- Social dancing: 8-11 pm
#queercounty #linedance #twostep #country #LGBTS
- Saturday, December 20, 2014: Holiday dance
- Saturday, January 17, 2015: Shake those Winter Blues
- Saturday, Februrary 21, 2015: Post valentines dance
- Saturday, March 21, 2015
- Saturday, April 18, 2015: Spring dance
- Friday-Sunday, April 24-26, 2015: Spring Stomp! in P-Town
- Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Friday, June 12, 2015: Pride Dance
- Saturday, June 20, 2015: Season closer
- Thursday-Sunday, July 2-5, 2015: Annual Hoedown in Montreal!
We also have a few other places (like Americana Mondays and Dirty Water Saloon) you can go for more dancing.