Gays for Patsy is the place for LGBTS (queer) folks to get together to socialize, two-step, line dance, east and west coast swing, waltz, and more to contemporary country, pop, and R&B in a supportive environment for more than 25 years!
Next dance: Saturday, December 19!
Queer Country Social Dance and Lessons
Saturday, December 19, 2015 • 6:30–11 pm
Admission: $12 General/$8 GFP member (it’s time to renew folks)
First Church of Jamaica Plain • 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
(side entrance of church across from The Footlight Club).
Here’s the low down:
- 6:30-8:00 pm: Lessons (included in the price of admission)
- 6:30 pm: Basic two step
- 7:00 pm: Beyond the Basics
- 7:30 pm: Line dance lesson
- 8:00–11:00 pm: Social dancing with Ruth!
Join a bunch of smilin’ folks (I can say this ’cause at the last dance I saw a whole bunch of smilin’, grinnin’, laughin’, socializin’ and lots of other in’s) two steppin’, west (and east) coast swingin’, waltzin’, line dancein’, cha-chain’, and more to contemporary country, r&b, and pop music (couldn’t figure how to work in more in’s in that last bit). All for a low cover of $12 (includes the less’ns).
No partner necessary! Just come on by and there will be lots of partners to swing (or be swung) by.
What?!?!?! You don’t know how to dance? Don’t you fret none, we all began with two left feet. Don’t you fret none, we’ll learn ya. We got a basic two step at the beginning of the night and a whole bunch of folks that will help you. We are also going to be teaching basic cha-cha, waltz, and west-coast during the year, so keep an eye peeled (okay, thinking about that turn of phrase, “eyes peeled” is not such a great metaphor). Take a chance, have fun, and I think you’ll be hooked (I certainly was).
Social dancing starts at 8 pm and goes until 11 pm with our DJ. FYI, This is a nonalcoholic venue (’cause it’s a church, y’all).
- Saturday, September 12, 2015: Queer Country Social and Gender-free Contra Combo Potluck and Dance
- Saturday, October 17, 2015: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, November 7, 2015: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, November 21, 2015: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, December 19, 2015: Queer Country Social <– NEXT DANCE!
- Saturday, January 16, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, February 20, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, March 19, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, April 16, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Friday-Sunday, April 22–24, 2016: Spring Stomp!
Our annual hoedown in P-town! Two dances, a day of workshops, and socializing! In Provincetown just before the season starts (so it’s wicked cheap)
- Saturday, May 21, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Friday, June 10, 2016: Queer Country Social – PRIDE Dance!
- Saturday, June 18, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Thursday-Sunday, June 30–July 3, 2016: IAGLCWDC Annual Hoedown in Columbus, Ohio!
Five days of dancing, learning, gawking, socializing, and exploring.
We also have a few other places (like Americana Mondays and Dirty Water Saloon) you can go for more dancing.