Gays for Patsy is the place for LGBTS (queer) folks to get together to socialize, two-step, line dance, east and west coast swing, waltz, and more to contemporary country, pop, and R&B in a supportive environment for more than 25 years!
Welcome to the fall season of Gays for Patsy. I just came from talking to the instructors (Art, Julie, Beth, and I) and we’ve decided to do something new this fall. We’ll be adding a quick line dance for beginners just before the regular line dance lesson (10 mins top) to allow beginners something to do during dances they don’t know. We’ll also be doing a speed through for the line dance taught just after the mixer so those of you who come later can learn something new. I’ll try to add country events so be sure to feast yer eyes on more queer-friendly dance opportunities and our calendar around the Boston area. See the sidebar for our Facebook links, email signup, and queer country meetup. Hope to see ya on the dance floor!
Queer Country Social Dance and Lessons
Saturday, October 17, 2015 • 6:30–11 pm
Admission: $12 General/$8 GFP member (it’s time to renew folks)
First Church of Jamaica Plain • 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
(side entrance of church across from The Footlight Club).
Here’s the low down:
- 6:30–7:00 pm: Basic two step lesson with Beth
- 7:00–7:30 pm: Beyond the basics lesson with Julie Kaufmann
- 7:30–8:00 pm: Line dance lesson with Julie Kaufmann
- 8:00–11:00 pm: Social dancing: with Bucky or Art as DJ
Join a bunch of smilin’ folks (I can say this ’cause at the last dance I saw a whole bunch of smilin’, grinnin’, laughin’, socializin’ and lots of other in’s) two steppin’, west (and east) coast swingin’, waltzin’, line dancein’, cha-chain’, and more to contemporary country, r&b, and pop music (couldn’t figure how to work in more in’s in that last bit). All for a low cover of $12 (includes the less’ns).
No partner necessary! Just come on by and there will be lots of partners to swing (or be swung) by.
What?!?!?! You don’t know how to dance? Don’t you fret none, we all began with two left feet. Don’t you fret none, we’ll learn ya. We got a basic two step at the beginning of the night and a whole bunch of folks that will help you. We are also going to be teaching basic cha-cha, waltz, and west-coast during the year, so keep an eye peeled (okay, thinking about that turn of phrase, “eyes peeled” is not such a great metaphor). Take a chance, have fun, and I think you’ll be hooked (I certainly was).
Social dancing starts at 8 pm and goes until 11 pm with our DJ. FYI, This is a nonalcoholic venue (’cause it’s a church, y’all).
- Saturday, October 17, 2015: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, November 7, 2015: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, November 21, 2015: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, December 19, 2015: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, January 16, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, February 20, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, March 19, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, April 16, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Friday-Sunday, April 22–24, 2016: Spring Stomp! Our annual hoedown in P-town!
- Saturday, May 21, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Friday, June 10, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, June 18, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Thursday-Sunday, June 30–July 3, 2016: IAGLCWDC Annual Hoedown in Columbus, Ohio!
Five days of dancing, learning, socializing, and exploring.
We also have a few other places (like Americana Mondays and Dirty Water Saloon) you can go for more dancing.