Gays for Patsy is the place for LGBTS (queer) folks to get together to socialize, two-step, line dance, east and west coast swing, waltz, and more to contemporary country, pop, and R&B in a supportive environment.
Spring Fling Social Dance
Saturday, April 19, 6:30-11 pm
I don’t know about yourself, but I’m sorely tired of winter. So let’s make this dance an chance to show off your most colorful spring outfit. Get out the pastels, bright colors, and let’s shake off the grey days.
We’ll work off that winter weight with two step, line dance, west coast swing, waltz, and more.
Don’t know how to dance? Don’t you fret none, we’ll learn ya. Just mosey on in for our beginner lesson at 6:30 with Beth.
Already know the basics? Get to the next level beyond the basics and learn a line dance with Art starting at 7. Social dancing from 8-11 pm.
Dance at a Glance
- When: Saturday, April 19, 2014
- How much: $10 ($8 for members)
- Where: 1st Church of JP, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
- Lessons 6:30-8 pm
- 6:30-7 pm Beginner Two Step with Bob
- 7-7:30 pm Beyond the Basics Two Step with Art
- 7:30-8 pm Line dance lesson with art
- 8-11pm Social Dancing
- (did someone mention going to JP licks after? Why of course I’ll come.)
Here’s a down and dirty list for the rest of the season:
- Saturday, April 19: Spring Fling Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Friday-Sunday, April 25-27: Spring Stomp! Dances, lessons and more in P-town!
- Saturday May 17: Summer’s Almost Here Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Friday, June 13: Boston Pride Dance: 7-11 pm
- Thursday-Sunday, May 22-25: Mile High Hoedown IAGLCWDC Annual Convention in Denver this Memorial Day. Lessons, dances, competitions, tours, and more. A bunch of us go every year and come back bursting to try new line dances. It’s a great time. Our own Renegaydes will be going to exhibit.
- Saturday, June 21: Season Closing Dance: 6:30-11 pm